It's been 5 days since I had Mason and the furthest thing from my mind has been school... until now. Tomorrow I have to go back to school. It's the first day of spring semester and I have a global diversity class only offered in Spring. If I don't do it now I would have to defer my graduation for an entire year. The semester is 6 weeks long, so I think I can do it...I hope! I have been crying all night at the thought of leaving my little guy. I know he'll be in good hands here with Scott who is taking paternity leave and my mom who is making herself available to help as well, but I still want it to be me. I called my teacher tonight begging for a way to make up the first 2 days of class that are immersion days consisting of 8 hours of lectures each day. She was nice about it, but only offered to let me miss a couple of speakers so I could run home and feed Mason. It's better than nothing, but I'm still very sad to be leaving. I am going to miss this little guy. Wish me luck.
