Friday, June 20, 2008

New Car

This week we finally purchased a new (used) car for me to drive. We upgraded from my parent's 1997 Jetta to a 2005 Toyota Sequoia. Basically, we went





From... Student










To... Mom







From... Economy








To... SUV









From... Squished









To... Roomy






  • From... Fuel Efficient
  • To... Gas Guzzler

Wait, are we sure we want that with gas prices over $4/gal?!

First, I want to say a HUGE Thank You to my parents who have generously let me drive one of their cars since I was 16 years old. It sure helped us out these first few years of marriage and while we were getting through school. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Second, I want to thank Scott for being such a great bargain hunter and finding me my dream car while staying within the budget. (He got it for $6,000 below low blue book)

I am still trying to get used to its massive size. If you see a black Sequoia at the very back of a parking lot with no other cars around .... that's probably me. I am terrified to park in parking lots because right now I cross through about three stalls before I end up in mine. But the size sure is nice on the inside.