
Every year August brings with it an end to the summer. The end has always been defined for us by the first day of school; but this year, with no one in our family attending school, there has not been a specific date to tell us when summer is over. I was really excited and thought this meant our summer could go on for another month or two. So, when I found out that last week was the final week Scera Pool was open I realized this is the end of summer as we know it. The pool has been Mason and my second home this summer with us spending almost as many afternoons there as we spent at home. Mason loved the pool from the very first time I took him and his love has grown over the summer. Now I have to be careful driving down State Street with him because if we pass the pool he starts to cry when we don't stop. I know that we can still play in the backyard pool and sprinklers, but its just not the same. Now that the weather is actually a little cooler we will have to replace pool time with park time which Mason really loves, too. I am now faced with the problem of finding new activites that get us out of the house and entertain Mason during the winter months. I have been looking into places like Little Gym or things that we can sign up for, but I haven't found anything I am sure about yet. Do any of you have suggestions? Please let me know even if you've just heard about fun places to go or fun things to do with toddlers. We will miss the pool greatly and can't wait to go back next year. Since we missed a whole summer of blogging, here are some of pictures of Mason enjoying his summer.

Mason playing drums on Rock Band.

Mason is obsessed with lawn mowers. Whenever Scott mows the lawn Mason has to mow with his lawn mower.

Rachel and Mason on 4th of July.

Mason really likes to balance things on his head and he's pretty good at it.

Mason putting on daddy's shoes before bed. This is the smile he gives me whenever I get out the camera.

Mini putt putt.

Playing with blocks.

Popcicles....yum