
Today is garbage day, the best day of the week as far as Mason's concerned. After he helped me pull our garbage out to the street he wanted to play with his "HUGE blue gabage truck" on the front porch. Mason often plays on the porch and watches for the garbage trucks to come while I get ready. I can leave the front door open and see or hear him from the bathroom and my bedroom. He is usually very good about staying on the porch and at most will venture onto our lawn. This morning as I was getting ready it got quiet on the porch so I went out to check on Mason. He wasn't in the front yard which was odd so I yelled out his name and got a response from two houses down
in the street. I have no idea how he got so far so fast, but there he was pushing his garbage truck down the side of the road pretending to dump everyone's garbage cans. I sprinted down the street and helped him to the sidewalk and asked him what he was doing in the street (he NEVER goes in the street) and he simply replied, "My gabage truck is empying the gabages". I coudln't even get mad because I thought it was so funny. Then he pointed back to our house and said, "Look, I pull my little gray gabage to the street." I looked and sure enough his little gray garbage sat perfectly next to the curb by our garbage can waiting to be dumped. I couldn't help but laugh. We had a little chat about how our blue garbage truck empties garbages on the sidewalk with mommy, not in the street like the big, green, garbage trucks. As badly as I wanted to get a picture of him in the street, I figured that would only be reinforcing bad behavior so I had to settle for a sidewalk shot. We'll have to reconsider Mason playing on the porch alone on garbage day.


After all the hard work of emptying the neighborhood's garbages both he and his truck needed to "take a rest in the shade".