Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

Just last week I caught myself saying out loud that we have not had as much as a runny nose all winter long at our house. As soon as the words left my mouth I knew I had jinxed us and someone was bound to get sick. Sure enough, Saturday night I woke up to a dog barking, and then I remembered we don't have a dog. It was actually Brynn who was barking... yep, good old Mr. Croup has found us. I thought the steroid shot at the doctor would turn things around, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My Little Boo has been wollowing in misery for the last 5 days and nights. You know how misery loves company, last night Mason started in with the wheezing and barking, he showed up at my bedside and wheezed out, "I don't (wheeze, bark) feel well... (bark, bark) and I'm making (wheeze) funny noises (bark, bark)". I couldn't help but laugh at my funny little boy. I bundled him up in blankets and we went and sat out on the porch in the cold air until his airways loosened up a bit. I took him to the doctor first thing this morning and he was making everyone in the office laugh by telling them, "I'm not sick, I just make some funny noises" and "mommy, do you like my funny noises?". Mason is already back to his silly, active self so I guess it goes to show that laughter really is the best medicine. Poor Brynn is still a sick but very sweet little girl. We will continue to make her laugh so she, too, will soon be better.Brynn has been sporting the 'Snot's Hot' hair due this week. This is Mason's new camera smile. He thinks he is smiling when he squints his eyes.


To end on a positive note. Here are some pictures on the swings before sickness hit.