Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rachie's Race

I have been an avid runner my entire life, but have never participated in a race longer than a 5k. I guess I just have a hard time paying money to run when I can do it anytime I want for free. This year I got over my cheapness and decided I would really enjoy participating in a few races. I ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon on Saturday and had the time of my life! My goal was to run it under 2 hours and I did. I crossed the finish line at 1:54. I can honestly say I enjoyed every single second of the race. It was overcast and drizzling rain which is actually my favorite kind of weather to run in. When my cute dad woke up and saw the rain he drove up the canyon and was the first spectater of the race waiting at mile marker 4 with a rain jacket for me in case I needed it. What can I say, I guess I'll always be his little girl. I didn't end up needing it, but it was a great surprise to see him when I wasn't expecting it. He and Scott staggered themselves at points throughout the race to cheer me on and every time I would see one of them it would give me a little burst of energy. I am a lucky girl to have such a supportive husband and parents (my mom was watching my sleeping kids so Scott could be there). Next up is the Stansberry Park Triathlon in July. I can hardly wait! My training partner, Ali, and I after the race!