Sunday, August 21, 2011

The End of an Era









For the last 4 years we have lived 10 houses down from my brother, Chris, and his family. Cannon and Kennedy were Mason's first friends and remain his best friends. Kacie has always been like the older sister I never had. Chris has always been just a phone call away, like when Scott was out of town and I was home alone with a two week old baby and a broken A/C in July and he came to fix it. Mason wants to name our baby, boy or girl, Chase after his little cousin. We have loved living close and sharing so many aspects of our lives together. So yesterday afternoon when I drove by their house and saw the For Sale sign in the yard (which I have known for a while was going up), I couldn't help but feel sad thinking how Mason and Kennedy won't be walking to Primary holding hands every week. We will no longer be taking turns watching each others babies out in the hall at church while the other teaches a lesson or does sharing time. Mason will not be riding his bike down the street to play with his cousins. We will not wave out our window to them almost every day as we drive past their house. Scott and Chris won't be going on campouts with the priests and leave most of the food in the car at home. I can't take Brynn down to swing in the shade of their backyard rather than the hot park. No more carpools to preschool. The list goes on and on. We are so glad they will only be 20 minutes away, but compared to 2 minutes we have now that seems so far. It definitely is the end of an era in our lives.





So if anyone wants to be our new neighbors...