Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Smitten

All of us here in the Murray household are smitten with our little Miles. It's been two short weeks since his arrival, but it only took one look for all of us to fall completely in love with him. There are so many things we love about Miles. We love the way he sleeps so peacefully. He is still trying to catch up on the three weeks he missed out on in the womb and spends the majority of time sleeping. The few precious moments of awake time I get with him each day are special to me, but for now I am happy to watch him peacefully sleep.We love his Mr. Magoo eyes and wrinkly skin that he hasn't grown into yet.
We love his long and skinny arms, legs, fingers, and toes.
We love when he has a slight smile on his face. I like to think he's happy to be here with us.

We love how he looks like a little burrito when he's swaddled up.

We love how he falls asleep after eating with his legs folded across his stomach. I think he might have been squished inside of me that way. I'm not the only one who loves Miles. Mason is a very proud big brother. After meeting Miles in the hospital for the first time, Mason came home and asked to print out some pictures of Miles. He carried them around with him all day and showed them to everyone who asked about his little brother. That night Scott sent me this picture of how our sweet big brother fell asleep. Mason stops whatever he is doing when Miles is awake and gives him his undivided attention. He loves to sing and read to Miles to help him get smart. Brynn has done really well adjusting to having Miles around. She has been so understanding as I haven't been able to lift her for the last two weeks because of my c-section and instead of being carried has been happy to just hold my hand. She likes to help me with diaper changes and bathes, but leaves if Miles starts to cry. Sometimes she just wants to be close to me, though. This is what Miles' 3am feeding has looked like the last three nights.
Brynn has wandered upstairs while I'm feeding Miles, cuddled up on my legs, and fallen back asleep. And yes, she really sleeps with her hands like that all the time. I am so proud of how well she is coping with this big change.
As always, Scott has jumped right in as a fun and loving Daddy. He claims he does much better when they are old enough to play with him, but I think he's a pretty great dad, even to a newborn.
Life is good.
* Aren't those first three pictures amazing!! My talented sister-in-law, Whitney, once again shared her talent with us and took some 1 week pictures of Miles before heading back to Arizona. Thanks Whit!