Ellie is growing and changing so much every day. I feel like she is getting so big, but everyone who sees her is still in awe of how teensy she is, so I guess it's all relative. I wish I would have taken pictures of her in her first weeks that scaled her size better, but she had so much going on that taking fun little pictures was not a priority. Yesterday I pulled out the preemie outfits she has grown out of and realized they fit one of my old dolls perfectly. This doll is pretty much the same size Ellie was when she came home from the hospital. It is crazy to see how small she really was. It was fun to put Ellie next to the doll and see how much she's grown in 5 weeks.
For fun we threw in my other doll that is wearing a newborn outfit. Ellie still has some growing to do before she catches up to it. The newborn size diapers that Ellie wears comfortably won't even fit over that baby's bum.
Ellie's body isn't the only thing that is growing, though. Her hair and eye lashes keep getting longer and longer. Her long, dark eyelashes are enough to make a grown woman jealous. She almost looks like she's wearing mascara because they are so dark and long. Here are some pictures I sent to Scott to show him how long they are getting.
It's bitter sweet watching my baby grow knowing she's my last. I guess one positive thing about her being so small is I get to enjoy the teensy tiny newborn phase a little longer.
