Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bubba's Big Truck Birthday


 Our big Bubba turns two years old today. We cheated a little bit and had his party last month before Thanksgiving so he could have his moment before the hectic Christmas season began. With how crazy this week has been, I'm thinking it may have been the best decision I've ever made.
Miles loves Big Trucks! Fire trucks, garbage trucks, diggers, dump trucks, semi trucks, tractors, pick up trucks, to him they are all totally awesome. So what better way to celebrate our little boy than inviting our family to Miles' Truck Stop for a birthday bash.
Scott's little sister, TayLynn, was staying with us that week and made this sign for the party.
We had hot dogs and nachos, two of Miles' favorite foods. If I had been on my A game I would have had an assortment of truck stop snacks like beef jerkey, hostess snacks, and IBC rootbeer. It didn't happen, though.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love celebrating my kiddos' birthdays and one of my favorite things to do is the birthday cake. So you know I'm loosing my mind when my mom asked me the morning of the party when I was planning on making his cake and I thought, "Cake? What cake?" I 100% completely forgot about making a cake. The thought had never crossed my mind. I'm the absolute worst. So I quickly threw together this beauty. My inspiration was "Bampa's White Truck", Miles favorite truck of all.



It's not much, but Miles didn't seem to mind. What can I say, he's been short changed pretty much his whole life so he doesn't know any better. Sorry bud.

We had trucker hats for all of the kiddos to decorate. (Mason wouldn't decorate his because he was afraid he might mess up. Can you say OCD?)
Cannon, Miles, Mason, Brynn, TayLynn, Chase, Kennedy
Brynn's Go Phillies hat she made completely on her own. Her Daddy has successfully brainwashed her.
I planned on playing a few games including red light green light, but by the time everyone ate and got their hats decorated it was getting late. So we skipped straight to presents. Miles is easy to please and loved every gift, but was blown away when my parents gave him his very own Big Truck that drives around! The dark and freezing cold night didn't stop Miles from going out and riding it around until we forced him to bring it inside. He loves his big truck!
Couldn't get any good pictures in the dark so snapped this the next day.
It wasn't much, but Miles was very happy with his Big Truck birthday.


A little about 2-year-old Miles

Likes:
  • Food. Any and all of it. I can't think of a single kind of food he won't gobble up like candy. He continues to out eat most of our family at every meal.
  • Baby Einstein. Favorites are "EIO" (baby McDonald), "Rhino" (Shapes), and "Noah".
  • Reading Books.
  • Balls. Basketball, Soccer, and Football are favorites.
  • Baby Ellie. He loves his baby! We have to watch him carefully to make sure he does love her to death.
  • Brynn. He adores Brynn and doesn't know what to do when she isn't home. He will do anything she asks him to.
  • Mason. Calls him Mase. He always runs to greet Mason after school with a big hug. Loves when Mason chases him around.
  • Bampa. His favorite person in the world is Grandpa Val. Especially when he plays "Fetch" in his big white truck.
  • Ja-Ja aka Grandma. He loves both my parents way more than he loves us. 
  • Ipad. I wish it wasn't true, but he loves playing games on my mom's ipad. Unfortunately, it is a total life saver for me when I am tied up with Ellie and Brynn isn't home to play with Miles. 
  • Outside. Even in the freezing temperature he takes off outside any chance he gets.
  • Uh Oh. He calls his blankie his uh oh. He looks like Linus from Charlie Brown when he drags his blankie around the house sucking his thumb.
  • E-I-O. Calls everything barn related E-I-O and loves all farm animals and singing Old McDonald had a farm.
  • "Daddy git chew" aka Daddy get you. A game Scott and Miles play where Scott makes scary faces and noises while sneaking up on Miles. Miles gets terrified, screams, covers his face, and hides in my arms, but at the same time loves it and asks for more by saying, "Daddy git chew" over and over.
  • Making Messes. More than any of my children Miles is very destructive and loves to rip, tear, dump, smear anything he can get his hands on. He will usually announce what he's going to do before he does it. Both funny and frustrating.
  • Touching. He is a very hands on child and the words don't touch mean absolutely nothing to him.
  • Pouring water. He loves to dump his cup in the sink, pour water from one cup to another, and fill cups up under the faucet. We often find him in the bathroom playing with cups in the sink.
Dislikes:
  • Haircuts. He goes ballistic. 
  • Cold Wipes when we are changing his diaper.
  • Nursery. He starts shaking and crying during the closing song in sacrament meeting because he knows nursery is coming. Except at my mom's ward. Then he loves nursery.
Knows:
  • "EFG" song (the alphabet song)
  • Shapes
  • Colors -- it's taken a while, but he's finally figuring them out.
  • Count to 10
  • Starting to speaking in sentences. There really isn't anything he doesn't say and we understand him 90% of the time.