Turning eight years old is a very big deal in The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints. It is the age when
children are given the opportunity to be baptized and confirmed a member of the church. We believe this to be the first necessary step that one must take to return to our Father in Heaven - hence the big deal. Mason has been working over the last year, and really his whole life prior to that, to prepare himself for baptism by reading the Book of Mormon, learning gospel principles, understanding the sacred covenants he would be making, and trying to live righteously. Mason was interviewed by our bishop and was found ready to be baptized.
On May 2, Mason was baptized and confirmed by his dad.
On May 2, Mason was baptized and confirmed by his dad.
It was a rainy spring day with the sun poking out from behind the
clouds between little rain showers. Perfect rainbow conditions. I
couldn't stop thinking of the first verse of the Primary song "When I am
Baptized" that says:
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.
We are so proud of Mason for the decision he made to be baptized and are grateful for the wonderful example he is to his younger brother and sister who look up to him so much.
As always, my amazingly supportive parents flew out to support Mason on this very very important day. Not only that, but they brought along Cannon, Kennedy, and Rachel Faye with them. I am so appreciative of my parents who do so much to help bridge the gap created by all of our families living apart and allowing these cousins to maintain the close friendships they have always had.
