Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Miles Moments

Miles is a pretty funny kid and keeps me smiling and laughing all day. I find myself texting and calling Scott almost daily to tell him about a funny interaction or conversation I had with Miles. I decided I better take the opportunity to write some of them down. Here are a few stand out stories I remember from the last few months. 
  • When practicing for their Preschool Christmas Program, Miss Annette asked if he knew his part for Twas the Night Before Christmas and he confidently said yes. He walked up to the front and without hesitation recited his Primary program part from the month before, "Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer."  Oops, wrong part. His teacher told me it was one of the best moments she's ever had in preschool.
  • One day Miles was playing a board game with Scott and when Scott came from behind and won he was really upset and looked at Scott and shouted out, "You're bald!" as the biggest and worst insult he could think of. 
  • Grandma Nancy is always making deals with the kids as incentives (i.e. I'll make you a deal, if you do what your mom asks you can play on my phone.) One day Miles was upset and throwing a tantrum and as he lay thrashing on the floor he started saying, "Give me a deal, Grandma, give me a deal!" We all got a good laugh out of it and now we all ask Grandma to "give me a deal."
  • The kids get an allowance each week to teach them how to first pay their tithing and put some money in savings and then to learn how to save and budget their money. Miles has the hardest time with this and every week when he gets his money he immediately wants to go to the store and spend it. I guess we tell him a lot that it would waste his money when he wants to buy random things just to buy something because now he thinks that to waste your money means the same thing as to spend your money. Today he spent the morning begging me to take him to the store so he could "waste all my money". Once at the store he repeatedly asked me, "Will this waste all my money?" instead of "Will this use all my money?". When I tried to talk him into waiting one more week so he could get the transformer he really wanted he kept whining, "I want to waste all my money now!" 
  • Miles is a sweet little boy, but there comes a time each afternoon when he gets tired and he turns into a different child. At this time we could offer him a million dollars and he would whine and complain about it. Some of his famous complaints are: you're the worst, that is boring! That is AWFUL! or if he is really upset that is Boring Awful! One day we were with a lot of  people and Miles was very frustrated. Apparently he didn't want to make a spectacle in front of everyone so he came and whispered in my ear, "You're the worst!" Now we all use that as code for I love you.
  • Another day at preschool the class went for a walk outside as part of an activity they were doing. Miss Annette told me that as they were walking Miles started chanting B-Y-U! B-Y-U! and pretty soon he was leading the whole class in a chant as they walked. She said this was a preschool first for her. Since then there have been several days when the kids come walking out after school chanting B-Y-U! I'm so proud.