So when I finally convinced Scott that it was time for him to upgrade to a new Mountain Bike this year and he turned to Steve to help him find the perfect bike I decided to take a chance and go for a big birthday surprise. Since he was looking to Steve to help guide him to the right bike anyway, I figured Steve could help guide me to the right bike without Scott knowing. So with a little sneaking Steve and I found a great bike for Scott. Steve did the negotiating and I picked the bike up and then stored it at Chris and Kacie's house until Scott's birthday. In the meantime Steve continued to humor Scott by looking for a new bike for him.
When Scott's birthday finally rolled around we set out the bike under one of the kids' awesome birthday posters. When Scott walked in the room and saw the bike I think his jaw might have actually hit the floor. It was quite possibly the greatest surprise I've ever pulled off.
In March Scott was able to take the bike down to Arizona to test it out with Steve. I am so glad that I was finally able to surprise him with something that he deserves so much.