Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas 2019


What a Christmas! I was supposed to work the Christmas Holidays block (Christmas Eve and Christmas night) at work, but with very fortunate timing in a job change I avoided working Christmas at all. The whole holiday felt like a complete bonus and I was grateful for every cherished moment I got with these kids. They are growing up so fast and I feel like these magical Christmas mornings are numbered.
I have decided that 3 is the most magical age for Christmas. Ryan has been bursting with joy and excitement this whole Christmas season. Everything from decorating the tree, to finding the elves, to seeing Christmas lights has reached a 10 on his happiness scale. His wishes for Christmas included a camper trailer playhouse, a "wiggle car" with trailer (a little tykes cozy coop car), and most important a lollipop. I never want to forget his imaginative play all day with his toys.

Miles has been so delightful this Christmas season. He has been so excited about finding the right gift and serving others. He didn't ask for a single thing but just asked to be surprised. He was beyond thrilled to get a real drone and big kid scooter from Santa. But his headphones from Grandma Nancy proved to be his favorite gift of all.

Brynn is the absolute sweetest girl and never has it been more apparent than during the Christmas season.  She asked my mom to take her to the store so she could buy presents for Scott and me. She created and sewed a personal pillow for each of the boys - Mason an axylotyl, Miles a football, and Ryan a little llama. She was beyond surprised to get a Gabb Wireless phone from Santa. She exclaimed, "I didn't even know this was possible!!" I love seeing her so happy. She deserves it.

Oh Mason. I'm honestly not surprised at his negative reaction to finding he got a "stupid phone that doesn't do anything" instead of the iPhone 11 he wanted and the "cheap dumb drone" he got instead of the $1500 one he had his eyes on. He put a huge damper on our morning but after his initial meltdown managed to pull it together and only have small lapses in gratitude throughout the day. No matter what we do it's never enough for this one.

The biggest gift of the day was surprising the kids with a trip to Disneyland we will be taking at the end of the week. The kids are all super excited.