We are the new and very excited owners of a Nintendo Wii. I have never understood all the hype about the Wii, but let me officially say that I now understand!! We have had a blast this weekend staying up way too late playing games. Friday night we tried out all the sports games with Jeremy and Janessa, who are in town for Memorial Day Weekend. I was informed I am too spastic when I play tennis, causing my player to twirl around and fall everytime I swing. In the boxing ring, however, my spasticness seems to pay off.....I knocked Scott out and went undefeated.
Scott showing off his mean forearm against Jeremy.
Rachel and Scott battling it out in tennis.
Boxing. By the end of the night I was experiencing the beginning stages of Wii-elbow (comparable to tennis elbow). That was nothing compared to what I felt after our marathon gaming with the Dastrups and Carliles on Saturday. We played Wii and Rockband (Jeff's early Father's Day gift) for 8 straight hours at the Dastrup's. You might be asking, "Don't you all have kids?" and yes we do. The kids had a blast playing with each other and whichever adults weren't playing the game were on kiddo duty making sure no toddlers wandered onto the tennis court or boxing ring. This started out as just an afternoon activity, but before we knew it dinner time had come and gone. We ordered some pizza for us and made Mac and Cheese for the kids and continued the gaming. When bedtime rolled around Mason borrowed jammies and a bottle from Jackson. Once the kids were asleep that's when things got serious.
We played Rock Band until the blisters on our fingers were popping, we couldn't lift our arms, our eyes were blurry, and our voices were cracking (oh wait, that was just because we are all horrible singers). This was somewhere around 12:30 AM. The last song we attempted and were determined to pass was Metallica's Enter Sandman which for those of you unfamilar with the song is incredibly long and very difficult on Rock Band, especially when we were so exausted. That day/night was one of the funnest days Scott and I have ever had. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures. We are looking forward to one more day off before we have to return to real life and go to bed at a reasonable hour.
We played Rock Band until the blisters on our fingers were popping, we couldn't lift our arms, our eyes were blurry, and our voices were cracking (oh wait, that was just because we are all horrible singers). This was somewhere around 12:30 AM. The last song we attempted and were determined to pass was Metallica's Enter Sandman which for those of you unfamilar with the song is incredibly long and very difficult on Rock Band, especially when we were so exausted. That day/night was one of the funnest days Scott and I have ever had. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures. We are looking forward to one more day off before we have to return to real life and go to bed at a reasonable hour.