Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

Well, here they are, the costumes of 2009. Scott and I dressed up as Swine Flu. These costumes won us the best couples costume at the Bell Halloween Party as well as 3rd place at the Nu Skin Costume Contest. It was also kind of ironic because I spent my Halloween at work taking care of patients with Swine Flu (and no I didn't wear my costume to work). We have offically hit the point where Mason wants to pick out his own costume. I had a costume in mind for Mason, but he informed me he only wanted to be a Dinosaur. He was introduced to a new show, Dinosaur Train, by our neighbor and loves it. Now Dinosaurs and Trains are his favorite thing in the world. So here is Mason our fierce T-rex. If Brynn would have had a say I'm sure she would have opted out of dressing up, but we dressed her up as a pumpkin anyway. Pretty darn cute if you ask me. The costume did have some perks for her, like a nice place to rest.. Our Halloween festivities started off early in the week at a darling Halloween party my mom did for the grandkids. It had everything from witches brew at dinner to spider webs (yarn) all over the house for the kids to follow to their Halloween prizes. Here's Grandma with all the Utah grandkids, unfortunately Rachel Faye had to join the party via skype from Arizona.We had a lot of fun carving pumpkins this year. Scott of course was the artist and carver. Mason was really into it this year and turned to us while cleaning out his pumpkin and said, "this sure is fun, Mom." Here are Scott and Mason showing off Mason's T-rex pumpkin.
Here are Brynn and mom showing off Brynn's baby pumpkin. Brynn apparently loved it, too. Here are all the pumpkins we did this year. Scott's says Go Phillies for obvious reasons. Scott took Mason trick-or-treating and besides a couple episodes of stage fright, he really got the whole concept.I told Scott only to go around one neighborhood because Mason doesn't know any better yet and I really didn't want tons of candy around our house. So this was Mason's loot and look how happy he was with it. Hope everyone else had a great Halloween, too.