Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Monster Band

Like so many others we enjoyed listening to General Conference and recieving counsel from our church leaders. This conference definitely seemed to have a theme of protecting the family and teaching our children. I sure came away with my tank filled and ready to be the best mother, wife, and person I can be. During one of the Saturday sessions Mason was in his toy room playing when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir started singing. He came sprinting out and exclaimed, "It's the Happy Monster Band!!" For those of you unfamiliar, the Happy Monster Band is a mini series on Playhouse Disney about a band of 4 monsters that sing hits such as "I'm the best at being me" and "Practice makes Progress". Check them out here. The Mormon Tabernacle men were wearing their traditional black suits and the women were wearing red dresses. Mason informed us, "There's black guys and red girls." The next day when the women had changed to blue dresses he said, "Oh, it's a different Happy Monster Band with blue girls!" I guess I can kind of see the similarities....sort of.