Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to School

This week was the beginning of another year of Preschool for Mason. I think his prayer the morning of his first day pretty much sums up how he felts. "..thank you that I can go to morning preschool and see Mrs. Young again. Help that I can make lots of new friends. Help that I can do my work and not scribble..." Mason went to preschool in the afternoon last year and thinks moving to morning preschool is a promotion for the kids who are 4. Not only is Mason going at a different time, but his best friends from last year, Kennedy and Benson, both moved and are no longer in his class. I was curious to see how he would handle all the change, and have been glad to see how excited he is to meet new friends and after just two classes he has made several friends that are already inviting him over to play after preschool. It's going to be a good year.While we definitely miss Mason while he's gone, Brynn and I are enjoying our alone time together. It is something I've never had with Brynn since Mason stopped napping when she was born and she napped during Mason's preschool last year. I am absolutely loving the one on one time with her. I just can't believe it will be her starting preschool next year and I'll be left home alone with the baby. Where does the time go?