Mason's latest obsession: Carnivorous plants (plants that eat bugs)
As usual, his fascination with them started when he read a book about venus fly traps. Pretty soon he was an expert on all different kinds of carnivorous plants including his favorites: Venus fly traps, Sundew, and Pitcher plants. So you can imagine his excitement when Brynn surprised him with his very own live Venus fly trap for Christmas. He named it Seymour and loves feeding him dead flies. Mason loves to show off his "pet" to anyone who comes to our house and even got to bring him to school for show and tell last week. He is hoping to add a sundew and/or pitcher plant to his carnivorous plant collection soon. We'll see if we can keep this one alive first. Truthfully Seymour isn't looking so hot right now and after reviewing the care instructions I realized we are only supposed to be feeding one trap every other week and Mason has been feeding each trap as soon as it opens (about once a week). Oops! I think Seymour has a tummy ache).
I have to mention the I was very impressed with mycarnivore.com and would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase their own carnivorous plant...because there are so many of you out there, I am sure.
As usual, his fascination with them started when he read a book about venus fly traps. Pretty soon he was an expert on all different kinds of carnivorous plants including his favorites: Venus fly traps, Sundew, and Pitcher plants. So you can imagine his excitement when Brynn surprised him with his very own live Venus fly trap for Christmas. He named it Seymour and loves feeding him dead flies. Mason loves to show off his "pet" to anyone who comes to our house and even got to bring him to school for show and tell last week. He is hoping to add a sundew and/or pitcher plant to his carnivorous plant collection soon. We'll see if we can keep this one alive first. Truthfully Seymour isn't looking so hot right now and after reviewing the care instructions I realized we are only supposed to be feeding one trap every other week and Mason has been feeding each trap as soon as it opens (about once a week). Oops! I think Seymour has a tummy ache).
I have to mention the I was very impressed with mycarnivore.com and would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase their own carnivorous plant...because there are so many of you out there, I am sure.