For Ryan's birthday party this year we had a Trains, Planes, and Cars playdate with cousins. Brynn made his cake - including "flat tires" per Ryan's request - and it turned out DARLING. One of my favorite cakes we've ever made.
I made some trains out of boxes for the kids to play with, but before I had even started making the trains, Ryan found the boxes and immediately lined them up to make his own train. He then told me, "My train needs a whistle" and the next time I came in the room I noticed he had put spools of thread on the boxes to be his train whistles. I just love this little boy's imagination.
We gave Ryan a hot wheels track for his birthday and set it up along with the car mat for kids to play with cars.
We had a bubble machine going in the backyard and Ryan loved running around in the bubbles.
It turned out to the be the perfect birthday celebration for Ryan.
I keep thinking that Ryan has reached my favorite age, but then he gets a little older and I love the stage he's in even more. 3-year-old Ryan is my favorite version of Ryan so far. He is bursting with happiness and personality. He talks non stop from the moment he wakes up until the moment he goes to sleep and keeps us all rolling in laughter at the funny things he says and does. His confidence and independence is growing each day and he has become quite the social butterfly.
It is impossible for me to capture all the things we love about 3-year-old Ryan, but here are a few things I always want to remember:
- He will randomly fake sneeze throughout the day. A fake sneeze is guaranteed if he sees a feather.
- Loves Hot Air Balloons
- Obsessed with flat tires and balls that need to be pumped up.
- Does NOT like it when a "Storm is rolling in". Is scared of wind and thunder.
- Would swing all day, every day, if someone would push him that long.
- He loves to sing nursery rhymes. Five little monkeys, The Wheels on the Bus, and Baa Baa Black sheep are his favorite.
- Loves Trains. He will line up anything in a line to make tracks so he can Chugga Choo Choo his trains around. His favorite part about trains is hooking them together.
- Favorite show is Paw Patrol. He loves to do the pup pup boogey.
- He is my best eater and wants to try any food he sees, especially if it's on someone else's plate.
- Loves to lock all the doors in our house with fake keys, only he really does lock them.
- Boycotts sleep any chance he gets. No naps, late bedtimes, ands early rising. I have no idea where he gets his endless energy from.
- Is very opinionated about what clothes he wears and changes approximately 17 times a day.
- It is very possible that Ryan is legitimately color blind as he still has not learned all of his colors and doesn't seem like he will any time soon.
- Of the colors he does know, Brown is his favorite with Orange a close second.
- Ryan is very directionally aware. He always knows where we are, recognizes landmarks as we drive, and will even give me directions to where we are going.
- Asks "Why" insatiably.











