Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Comics

#bookfacefriday

Mason is super into Comics lately, both reading and creating them. His favorites are Calvin and Hobbs and Big Nate. He brings his giant Big Nate Greatest Hits book everywhere with him to keep himself entertained. Every night before bed Scott and Mason read Big Nate together and it turns into a big laugh fest. Every time I try to get them to wrap it up and get Mason to bed they make me read one that gets me laughing and then I'm sucked into the fun, too.

10:53 PM
A few months ago our library had a create your own comic contest. Mason submitted one of his comics and he was one of two winners. He won movie tickets and candy as well as having his comic framed and hung on the wall in the library teen section. Mason is such a huge Big Nate fan and one day I found this great piece of fan mail to the author, Lincoln Peirce. I loved it so much. I love Mason's creativity and appreciation of other's creativity as well.