
It's been a while since I posted about my pregnancy, but with our little girl's arrival just 3 weeks away I thought I'd do a little update. We are getting very excited for the arrival of our Baby Sister. Mason talks about her all of the time. I didn't know if he would be old enough to really understand what's going on, but he does. He knows there is a baby girl in mama's tummy and that she will come out soon. Every day he tells me about all the things that will happen when "baby siser come out". He is excited to "Hold It!" (said while wrapping his arms around himself giving a hug), "change diaper", "seep in crib", "push sing", "shoot with baby siser" (I've tried to explain that baby sister won't be playing basketball with him for a little while), "baby siser use gwama's baby sweep" (he got a second baby sweep from grandma's house and apparently he is going to give it to baby sister), and "baby siser drink milk" just to name a few things. I am not worried about him loving this little girl, but loving her to death. He is going to be a very protective older brother from the beginning. I'll be lucky if he lets me take care of her at all.
As you can tell we refer to her as Baby Sister, and up until last week it looked like that might be the only name she would ever get. We have had an exceptionally hard time coming up with a name we like. At one point Mason suggested the name Snowman and for a while that was the best option we had. But he's changed his mind and has decided we should now name her Thumper, which happen's to be the name of his cousin's pet bunny. While we are taking his suggestion into consideration, Scott and I have finally come up with a couple names we like for our baby girl. We like the names Brynn and Jane. We like both of the names but I like Brynn more and Scott likes Jane more. What do you think? I think we will probably have to see her before we decide which name, but for the time being those are the options.