Thursday, July 22, 2010

Package full of Smiles

Mason and I went out to the mailbox today to find a small package waiting for us. Inside the package was the CD of our family pictures. I like them all so much I can't decide which ones to post, so get ready for way too many pictures. I can guarantee every one of these pictures will be framed on my wall in a week.The CD wasn't the only thing in the package. I mentioned that Shelly and Mason bonded over How to Train Your Dragon. Mason told Shelly many times how badly he wanted a black, Toothless dragon like his cousin, Cannon's. Cannon got the dragon from a McDonalds Happy Meal and Mason has wanted one so desperately but McDonalds doesn't have them anymore. Mason even saved up his money to buy one from the store, but Walmart hasn't had any dragons in stock for over a month! I even resorted to ebay where people are selling the McDonalds toys but just can't bring myself to pay $5-15 for one. So, you can imagine Mason's face when he opened the package to find a black Toothless inside. Shelly's little boy had gotten one from McDonalds and doesn't play with it so she went home and put it aside for Mason. Not only is she an awesome photographer, but she is super thoughtful, too. Thanks a million Shelly!!!
Okay, so I must apologize in advance for the pathetic question I am about to pose. I know there are a lot of these McDonalds dragons out there and chances are many of them are sitting in toy rooms not being used and in a month they will be thrown away. If one of these unwanted dragons lives at your house will you think of us before you throw it away? Wow, I am such a loser. I can't believe I just begged for McDonalds dragons on my blog. I guess that just shows how desperate we are.
Hope everyone is as happy as we are today!