Scott and Mason had their first camping trip together... in the backyard. It may not have been in the mountains, but it included everything you would get out there, and more. We started their adventure after Brynn was in bed. Mason loved playing in the tent which we placed a queen size mattress in (part of the more I was talking about).
We got out the camping chairs and started a roaring fire on the grill to roast marshmallows. Mason was a big fan of s'mores. 
After all the sugar had worked its way out of his system, Mason settled down in the tent with Scott to read books with a flashlight. Once the flashlights were turned off Mason went right to sleep as if he were in his own bed. I went to bed in the house with Brynn and didn't hear from the boys again until 7:45 the next morning. The first thing Mason said to Scott when they woke up was, "I had a great camping trip with you, Dad!"