Friday, January 10, 2014

Mason's Quiet Book

Last but not least is Mason's quiet book. I told Mason and Brynn that I was making quiet books for Ellie and Miles, because that's what this project started out as, but they were so in love with all the pages that I decided to make books for them, too. I surprised them on Christmas with their books and they were so excited to have books of their own after months of me telling them that I was sure Miles and Ellie would share their books.  Mason may be my oldest, but he is my child that love love loves little trinkety things so these books are right up his ally. 

Clips and Locks
by: Anne Durham
 I love this page. All of those pieces tuck away inside of the treasure chest and then you can pull them out to practice locking and hooking and then unlocking and unhooking things. Perfect for my 6 year old.

Banana Split
by: Lulu Suberville
Inspired by: Imagine our Life
 This page blows me away every time I look at it. Every piece of it is so well done! There were tears shed over who would get this in their book. Brynn has begged me to make the same page for her book. I don't know...maybe next year. 

Wow, 5 days in a row of these pages. Overload.


 Tic-Tac-Toe
by: Andrea Carruth
Pattern from: Pops and Podge 
Doodle Pad
by: Cammi Bates
 Mason loves playing tic-tac-toe so this page is great for him.
This doodle pad page is so simple, but so great. Inside the pocket is a notebook, pencil, and stickers. Perfect for my little artist. I don't know if I would trust putting a pencil or crayons in Miles book since he would probably draw all over rest of the book.

Sandcastle
by: Kenzi Openshaw
Pattern from: Imagine our Life
 A fun little sandcastle page.

and more of the same.
Truth be told I have one more page I am still working on for Mason's book. So, I don't have a picture yet, but I'll add it in once I'm done.
I Spy
by: Ashley Allen
Inspired by: Imagine Our Life
I'm just making a few modifications to the page to personalize it for Mason.
On the back of it is
Seasons Tree
by: Summer Carroll

And that my friends is what I've been working on for nearly 4 months. I will conclude the week of quiet books with a quick post explaining how I sewed the pages together and made the covers.  I felt like there were tons of sights that showed off their quiet book pages, but it was really hard to find out how people assembled the pages, so I will just put it out there how I chose to do it in case anyone is interested.