Ellie has decided there is a very small group of people she trusts. Myself, Scott, Mason, Brynn, Miles, Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Val, and after a few minutes to warm up Pooky and Papa. Other than that, if someone walks in the room they can expect a greeting like this.
I can hardly blame her since 9/10 times when she meets someone other than our immediate family it is at the doctor and they end up poking and probing her. But she is such a happy and smiley baby for us it makes me sad that all the world ever sees is a sad and hysterical baby. It kind of reminds me of another baby girl in our family. ![]() |
| 9 month Ellie / 6 month Brynn |
Brynn had horrible stranger anxiety clear until she was 2 or 3, so who knows, maybe there is hope for Ellie to become a social butterfly.
On a side note, I have always been kind of sensitive when it comes to comparing Ellie's features to my other kids. When people ask who she looks like I simply reply with, "she has her own look" and I have never done the typical photo comparisons with my other babies for look alike contests. It wasn't until I pulled out their baby books and realized that Ellie was the exact same size at 9 months as Brynn was at 6 months (15 lbs 4 oz, 25.5 in) that I looked at these two pictures side by side and for the first time I could see it. When I compare the eyes, or nose, or mouth alone they don't seem to share many similarities, but when I step back and look at them side by side I see two sisters and it makes me happy.
On a side note, I have always been kind of sensitive when it comes to comparing Ellie's features to my other kids. When people ask who she looks like I simply reply with, "she has her own look" and I have never done the typical photo comparisons with my other babies for look alike contests. It wasn't until I pulled out their baby books and realized that Ellie was the exact same size at 9 months as Brynn was at 6 months (15 lbs 4 oz, 25.5 in) that I looked at these two pictures side by side and for the first time I could see it. When I compare the eyes, or nose, or mouth alone they don't seem to share many similarities, but when I step back and look at them side by side I see two sisters and it makes me happy.
