When I was a little girl my dad would come home from work and ask my brothers how their day was. They would respond with a simple "good" or "fine" as boys often do. My dad would then turn to my mom and ask, "Do I have time to ask Rachel how her day was?" I guess I've always been known for telling a story without sparing any details. Unfortunately for Brynn, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this matter. Brynn is a storyteller just like her mother. My favorite part of the day is when Brynn gets home from school and I get to hear about her day. Her hands start waving around like she's directing an orchestra, she begins stuttering as her mouth struggles to keep up with her mind, and she describes things in three or four ways just to make sure you understand what she's trying to tell you. Brynn's excitement for telling stories reflects the passion with which she lives life and I absolutely love that about her.
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Storyteller
When I was a little girl my dad would come home from work and ask my brothers how their day was. They would respond with a simple "good" or "fine" as boys often do. My dad would then turn to my mom and ask, "Do I have time to ask Rachel how her day was?" I guess I've always been known for telling a story without sparing any details. Unfortunately for Brynn, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this matter. Brynn is a storyteller just like her mother. My favorite part of the day is when Brynn gets home from school and I get to hear about her day. Her hands start waving around like she's directing an orchestra, she begins stuttering as her mouth struggles to keep up with her mind, and she describes things in three or four ways just to make sure you understand what she's trying to tell you. Brynn's excitement for telling stories reflects the passion with which she lives life and I absolutely love that about her.