It didn't take us long after moving to Omaha to realize that pretty much everyone out here is a huge Nebraska Cornhuskers fan. I'm not just talking about your run of the mill college football fans, these people live and die Husker football. Driving down any street you can see their Husker pride displayed with giant red N's on garden rocks, flags, front doors, and car decals at nearly every house. When we where house hunting it was unbelievable how many houses had a man cave of shorts with an entire wall mural paying tribute to their beloved Huskers. Sometimes it feels like the entire community runs around their game schedule. I always know when it is game day as soon as I walk outside because every person I come in contact with is decked out in Nebraska gear. They actually had a wear red day at the kid's school on opening game day. Mason came home and announced that everyone was wearing red for the Huskers the next day but he was wearing his BYU jersey because he likes them better, and he did so proudly. Mason has remained true blue despite all the peer pressure and the unfortunate turn BYU's season has taken the last two weeks. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until he jumps on the Husker bandwagon. After all, it's pretty much the only thing to cheer for out here. But we're glad to see that for the time being his roots are planted deep for BYU!!