Friday, October 28, 2016

(un)photogenic

I know I may be biased, but Scott and I have some pretty cute kiddos. Unfortunately, pictures don't always capture their true cuteness very well.  We aren't exactly what one would call a photogenic family, and Ryan might just be the least photogenic of us all. Now don't get me wrong, Ryan is one stinkin' cute baby! Scott would argue he is our cutest baby (that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he looks 100% like a Murray baby), but trying to get a decent picture of him lately is nearly impossible. Because of the difficulty I was having getting a good picture of Ryan, I decided it was time to turn to the professionals and I took him into a photo studio to get some basic 4-month pictures just like I had for my other kids. I guess I underestimated the severity of this un-photogenic baby because the whole photo session was completely AWFUL! Ryan wouldn't hold still, wouldn't keep his hands out of his face, and would only flash a smile for 0.01 seconds. I felt so bad for the poor photographer. The photo shoot seemed endless and only got worse as time went on, but she couldn't really wrap it up because we literally had not gotten a single shot that was even half decent. Finally I called it quits. These two pictures were the best that we got. Looking back now I kind of love them because they perfectly captured my uncooperative and un-photogenic baby who is just too cute for cameras to capture.


The good news is there is hope for Ryan. As I mentioned before, all of my kids have had their fair share of awkward pictures taken. None of them more than Mason. This week, however, I got the big kids' school pictures back and was blown away at how great they all turned out. Especially Mason's! He is such a handsome kid and this picture captures his great smile perfectly.




Whether the pictures show it or not, I think we have four of the cutest kids around.