The Festival of Trees has always been one of my favorite Utah Christmas traditions, especially after having Ellie and Primary Children's became such a part of our life. It is one of the things I have missed most during our Christmases in Omaha. One of the first things I did after moving back to Utah was sign up to donate a tree to the festival this year. I knew I wanted to do a bubble tree for Ellie, but didn't have a very clear vision for it. For a couple of months my mom, Kacie, Whitney, and I all kept our eyes open for ideas and gathered supplies and then right before Thanksgiving we got together and decorated the tree. I could not be happier with how it turned out! All of the little details came together perfectly. I love the way we clustered the clear ornaments to make them look like bubbles, I love the sweet pink bubble wands we used as ornaments, I love the precious felt bow garland wrapped around the tree, and I love the sweet pink tree skirt my mom made.



My mom and I saw this American Girl Doll bubble bath and fell in love with it. We decided it would be the perfect added touch under the tree.
We went on opening night to check out all the trees. I was much more aware this year of the stories behind the trees and it made me like them even more.
After the festival was done I decided I needed to have my own little Ellie bubble tree and so my mom and I created a mini version for our front room. Top it off with Ellie's picture with Santa and we have a perfect little corner to remember Ellie this Christmas.