On July 1st Brynn was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Brynn has been looking forward to this day for a very long time and has never had a doubt that when she turned 8 she wanted to be baptized. She has such a strong desire to do what is right and follow Christ's example. She truly is such a great example to me. I love how church ordinances are kept short, simple, and sweet with the emphasis being on the ordinance itself. Brynn was the only person being baptized in our ward so we were in charge of the whole program. Brynn wanted Mason to give a little talk on baptism, Grandma Nancy to give a talk on the Holy Ghost, and she wanted to sing When I am Baptized with Kennedy and Rachel Faye. That is exactly how the program went. As Brynn entered the water of baptism I was overcome with a distinct wave of emotion that I have come to learn is the feeling I get when Ellie is with us. I have only experienced it a handful of times in the last 3 years, but I know without a doubt it is Ellie. The times I have felt it have not been at birthday parties or any mortal life celebrations, but they have all been times when sacred church ordinances are being performed. This is a testament to me of the things that truly matter in life. The things that matter for our eternal salvation are the things that Ellie is here for. I know that she is so proud and excited that Brynn has taken this crucial step toward being worthy to be with her again.
We are so fortunate to be surrounded by so many friends and family and Brynn had a room full of people there support her on this big day. Brynn's baptism will always be remembered as a happy and wonderful day.
