Sunday, July 30, 2017

Family Pictures



One of my goals this summer was to get current family pictures taken. This is extremely overdue considering that our last family pictures from nearly three years ago display a nearly toothless Mason, Brynn with all her baby teeth, Miles without glasses, and me weighing 30 lbs less. Not to mention that Ryan isn't in them. I was struggling to envision exactly what I wanted for our pictures until my friend, Melanie, posted some pictures from Albion Basin up Little Cottonwood Canyon as a potential picture location and I knew that is exactly where I wanted our pictures taken. What better way to capture our current family than surrounded by our beloved mountains we have recently returned home to. I planned out our outfits, got everyone ready, and we drove up the canyon only to be greeted by a downpour of rain. After all the work to get there I wasn't ready to give up that easy so we waited for half an hour until the rain stopped and then did our best to get some pictures with the remaining daylight and muddy conditions. Not surprisingly, Melanie still managed to capture our awkward picture taking family beautifully and I love how all of our pictures turned out. Enjoy the picture overload.