Saturday, September 25, 2010

Close Enough

I was beginning to think poor Brynnie was going to be in a rear facing car seat when she started kindergarten. We had her 15 month checkup last week and although she didn't quite hit the 20 lb mark, she was close enough at 19 lbs 12 oz (8%). Once we turned her carseat around I was expecting some big smiles and excitement from her, but all I got was a wrestling match buckling her in and then this.She wasn't very impressed. Apparently it wasn't the view she's been disgruntled about, but the fact she's restrained in the seat. I know I've mentioned it before, but seriously, this little girl (29.5 inches, 22%) has a big opinion and does not like having her movement restricted at all. She completely refuses to eat if we strap her in her booster seat, but literally the second the buckles are undone and she can move around freely she starts chowing down. We have finally surrendered in this battle and let Brynn climb up and down and all around during dinner and are just grateful she's eating well and gaining weight. Unfortunately she'll never win the car seat battle. Even though she tries to hide it, I think she's been enjoying her time in the car more.