Throughout the summer, my mom took Mason to my Aunt Marilyn's pool for some little swimming lessons. Each time we would set a goal for him and he usually did a great job achieving it (sometimes it required a little bribery). One thing I've learned about Mason's personality is he is cautious of new things but if I can get him to do it once then he has no problem.
The first time he was scared to jump off the diving board to my mom, so she had Marilyn help him walk out and drop him off (for the record he was totally fine with this he just didn't have the courage to jump on his own). He now loves to jump off the diving board even without his floaties if someone is there to help him swim to the side.
Mason has never had a problem sticking his face in the water, but ever since we got him a pair of goggles we can hardly keep him above water for more than 10 seconds.
One of Mason's favorite games at the pools is to chase diving sticks. I sit with Brynn and throw diving sticks and Mason chases them and dives under the water for them (even if it's only in a foot of water). I love how excited he is every time he comes up with a stick.
Mason is getting so close to being able to swim on his own. He does great holding his breath and kicking, but the distance can't be too far because once he runs out of breath he's done.
One thing Mason still doesn't like is floating on his back. We'll have to keep working on that.
You can usually find Brynn pulling herself around on her tummy with her bum and legs floating behind her. She always seems to be testing how deep she can go before her head goes under.
She goes on the slide over and over and over laughing every time. By the end of the summer she didn't even need my help climbing up or sliding down. I would sit and the bottom and cheer her on. I would always hear people around me talking about that little babyon the slide. She still looks too tiny to be doing all the coordinated things she does.
Little Miss Brynn is hilarious at the pool. We might as well be teaching her to swim, too, since she mimics everything Mason does. I tell Mason to put his face in the water and blow bubbles and Brynn dunks her face in the water right along with him. I tell Mason to kick, kick, kick and I look down to find Brynnie kicking away. One of the perks of a second child, I guess. 
Brynn does like to join Mason in jumping off the side of the pool. We count 1-2-3 and she squats down and leans forward until she falls into our waiting hands. She thinks she is pretty big stuff jumping with Mace.