Sunday, October 17, 2010

Creditors


I try not to worry about what other people think of me and my family, but I feel a new vulnerability as I send Mason places like preschool, nursery, and friends' houses without me there to edit what comes out of his mouth. For example, often times in his imaginative play, Mason likes to pretend he's being chased by predators, only he pronounces it "creditors" (I think somewhere along the line he combined predators and critters). I can't help being a little embarrassed when we are in our front yard playing and Mason yells, "Mom...Hide...the creditors are coming!" I find myself desperately wanting to explain to my neighbor getting their mail that we are not in financial trouble and teaching our children to hide from the creditors. Since Mason uses that line multiple times a day I'm sure he has said it at preschool along with many other embarassing statements. Oh well, kids say the darndest things, right?