Thursday, October 7, 2010

Double Whammy

Last week we got not one but two new cousins.
One is a Hale and one is a Murray, and I'm not just talking about their names.
We woke up Thursday morning to an unexpected text message that
Andrew Parker Hale
had arrived 2 weeks early.
And I don't think it was a minute too soon since he weighed a whopping 8 lbs 1 oz.
He made a liar out of his parents who had been telling Rachel Faye her baby brother was coming in October...oops.
Check out that hair. That's the Hale I'm talking about.
Introducing the new and improved Hale Family
Whitney, Rachel, Andrew, and Brandon.
After I heard about Andrew's birth I immediately thought about Lisa who was past her due date. I called to find the most upbeat and optimistic overdue pregnant women I've ever talked to... no surprise there. She told me it would be ideal if she had the baby Friday so Vance could have the whole weekend without having to worry about school. I should have known that any child of Vance and Lisa's would start obeying his parents before he was even born.
Lincoln Vance Murray
Arrived on Friday Oct. 1 just as his parents requested.
And there's the Murray I was talking about. And here is the new little family
Lisa, Lincoln, and Vance.
While we are so excited to have these two new babies in our family, I really don't appreciate their parents keeping them so far away from us. The fact I won't get to hold either one of these little guys in my arms until Christmas makes me so sad. In Mason's words, "It's going to take FOREEEEVER for them to come."
Welcome to the family boys. We're so glad you made it safely!