Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cinderellie, Cinderellie

Anyone who knows me knows my disdain for housework. So I've started putting my kids to work at a young age. Not really, but if Brynn had it her way that would be true. The girl loves to clean so much that I've started calling her Cinderella. Every time I get out my broom to sweep (several times a day much to my dismay), Brynn is right by my side. I frequently find her with a wipe in each hand cleaning the floor, table, or chairs. She is giddy with excitement when I get the vacuum out and tries to ride it while my 3 year old boy is in the next room crying because he's still afraid of vacuums. I refuse to clean the bathrooms when she's awake because I know she'll want to clean the toilets on a regular basis, too. It's very fitting that her favorite stuffed animal that she treats like a baby doll is a mouse I named Gus Gus for her. I hope these habits keep up until Brynn is actually helpful with her cleaning.