As part of our 25 days of Christmas fun we wrote letters to Santy Claus, as Mason calls him. This is what Mason's looked like.
In case you can't read it, it says Dear Santa, I would like Annie and Clarabel for Christmas from Mason. Who are Annie and Clarabel you ask? They are Thomas' train cars. Mason decided over a month ago this is what he wants Santa to bring him. I didn't bother scanning Brynn's letter since I just wrote it for her and there is nothing cute about it, but she is asking for an Elmo doll from Santa. To make sure Santa's Elves knew exactly what to make we included pictures of Annie and Clarabel as well as Elmo. Several days after the letters were mailed to the North Pole we decided we better be safe and visit the big man himself to put in our requests for Christmas. We went to Thanksgiving Point, where we waited less than 10 minutes last year, to find that word had gotten out. We waited 1 1/2 hours to see Santa. Mason had been so excited since he had picked the paper that said we were going to see Santa and his reindeer that morning. He waited patiently in line, never got upset or asked how much longer, just waited excitedly. Brynn wandered around but was super happy, too, even as her bedtime approached and then passed. When our turn came, Mason walked excitedly, yet shyly, to Santa and sat on his knee while Brynn took one look and ran to hide. Mason answered all Santa's questions clearly and confidently and Brynn tried to jump out of my arms as I sat with her. We didn't really get a great picture to capture Mason's excitement, but I think this pretty well captured how Brynn felt about it.
Of course the printer broke and so everyone got these lovely pink pictures.
In case you can't read it, it says Dear Santa, I would like Annie and Clarabel for Christmas from Mason. Who are Annie and Clarabel you ask? They are Thomas' train cars. Mason decided over a month ago this is what he wants Santa to bring him. I didn't bother scanning Brynn's letter since I just wrote it for her and there is nothing cute about it, but she is asking for an Elmo doll from Santa. To make sure Santa's Elves knew exactly what to make we included pictures of Annie and Clarabel as well as Elmo. Several days after the letters were mailed to the North Pole we decided we better be safe and visit the big man himself to put in our requests for Christmas. We went to Thanksgiving Point, where we waited less than 10 minutes last year, to find that word had gotten out. We waited 1 1/2 hours to see Santa. Mason had been so excited since he had picked the paper that said we were going to see Santa and his reindeer that morning. He waited patiently in line, never got upset or asked how much longer, just waited excitedly. Brynn wandered around but was super happy, too, even as her bedtime approached and then passed. When our turn came, Mason walked excitedly, yet shyly, to Santa and sat on his knee while Brynn took one look and ran to hide. Mason answered all Santa's questions clearly and confidently and Brynn tried to jump out of my arms as I sat with her. We didn't really get a great picture to capture Mason's excitement, but I think this pretty well captured how Brynn felt about it.
Of course the printer broke and so everyone got these lovely pink pictures.In retrospect I don't know why I didn't just let Mason get his picture with Santa without forcing Brynn in it, too. Oh well. Mason's experience was perfect even if we didn't get the perfect picture.
After we left he said, "Santa was really soft, I didn't know Santa was soft." I don't know if he was talking about Santa's clothes being soft, which they were, or if he was talking about his belly being soft, which it was. Either way, I thought it was pretty cute.