Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Great Room Swap

I spent most of my pregnancy ignoring the fact that I was actually going to have a baby. But at 35 weeks nesting caught up with me and suddenly I realized this baby was going to be here in a few short weeks and we needed a nursery. And thus began the great room swap. 
Brynn and Miles were begging to share and room and Mason was adamant that he not share a room, which made the decision to move Miles into Brynn's room a no brainer. Before moving Mason into Miles old room I wanted to paint it so my little sidekick and I took on the project one day. It nearly put me into preterm labor, but we got it finished and Mason's furniture moved over. Last but not least was setting up the nursery. I was worried about how I would feel turning the room that was once Ellie's back into a nursery, but surprisingly, getting out and organizing all the baby stuff made it all seem real and for the first time I couldn't wait to hold my baby and rock him in his nursery. And just like that the great room swap was complete and we were ready to bring our baby brother home.

 
Now for some before and after pictures. Keep in mind that the rooms were not staged for this, but rather these pictures were taken after Saturday jobs were completed when the kids' rooms are most presentable. They are far from perfect, but this is an accurate representation of what their rooms are really like.
Before
Mason's Room



Brynn's Room



Mile's Room



After
Mason's Room



Brynn and Mile's Room


 With two stuffed animal lovers sharing a room I knew we needed a creative solution for storing their many stuffed animals. So Scott whipped up these Zoos for each of the kids. I thought they turned out adorable.

Nursery




And now our nursery is complete!