Monday, September 8, 2014

Ellie's Dress

Last September when I was planning Ellie's blessing and looking for the perfect blessing dress, I never could have imagined that a year later, almost to the day, I would be planning her funeral and picking out a dress for her to be buried in. Just like when I was looking for a blessing dress I was struggling to find a dress that was perfect enough for Ellie. Every dress I looked at, no matter how beautiful, just didn't look like her. After all, Ellie spent most of her life in her functional onesie/leg warmer combo she was known for. I had an idea of a dress in mind, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on such short notice. So, my sister-in-law, Kacie, yet another one of my amazingly talented and generous family members, offered to make exactly what I wanted. It turned out absolutely perfect. 


Every last detail was immaculately done and so beautiful.
Ellie's body looked so natural and beautiful in the dress. It was the perfect dress for her.
A huge thank you to Kacie for making the dress and Whitney for photographing it.