"...the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." -Alma 40:12
My brother, Brandon, has always had an amazing talent of photo-shopping pictures together. This skill has come in handy when we try to take large family pictures with lots of uncooperative kids and also has provided us with great entertainment when his creative juices get flowing. Yesterday, Brandon wanting to do something, created this picture for us. I know it probably breaks all sorts of copyright laws and whatnot, but it is a precious gift to me. Looking at this picture brings me so much peace.
Over the past 15 months there was never a single moment that Ellie was not in the care of either myself, Scott, or my mom and dad. She would quickly get upset if one of us wasn't with her. This has created a feeling of great anxiety in me the last 24 hours as I feel like she is all alone and sure to be scared. But, when I first saw this picture I was reminded of some very sweet experiences we had with her. Ellie had severe stranger anxiety. At its worst, whenever she saw someone other than our immediate family, her face would pucker up in the cutest, but saddest little cry. However, when she saw a face she recognized like those of her brothers and sisters or her grandma and grandpa her face would light up with with biggest grin and and she would be full of excitement. On many occasions when Ellie saw a picture of Jesus her face lit up in recognition and excitement as she studied Jesus' face. I know that she knew him and was closer to him than any of us. When I look at this picture I feel peace that she is not alone and scared, but is safe and happy with her older brother, Jesus.
My brother, Brandon, has always had an amazing talent of photo-shopping pictures together. This skill has come in handy when we try to take large family pictures with lots of uncooperative kids and also has provided us with great entertainment when his creative juices get flowing. Yesterday, Brandon wanting to do something, created this picture for us. I know it probably breaks all sorts of copyright laws and whatnot, but it is a precious gift to me. Looking at this picture brings me so much peace.
Over the past 15 months there was never a single moment that Ellie was not in the care of either myself, Scott, or my mom and dad. She would quickly get upset if one of us wasn't with her. This has created a feeling of great anxiety in me the last 24 hours as I feel like she is all alone and sure to be scared. But, when I first saw this picture I was reminded of some very sweet experiences we had with her. Ellie had severe stranger anxiety. At its worst, whenever she saw someone other than our immediate family, her face would pucker up in the cutest, but saddest little cry. However, when she saw a face she recognized like those of her brothers and sisters or her grandma and grandpa her face would light up with with biggest grin and and she would be full of excitement. On many occasions when Ellie saw a picture of Jesus her face lit up in recognition and excitement as she studied Jesus' face. I know that she knew him and was closer to him than any of us. When I look at this picture I feel peace that she is not alone and scared, but is safe and happy with her older brother, Jesus.
