Monday, May 10, 2010

I Got Worms!


Mason is definitely a boy. His favorite thing to do in the yard this year is to dig up worms. Multiple times a day I hear, "Snake! Where are you? Come out and play!". Yes, he thinks worms are snakes, and yes he screams this at the top of his lungs over and over until he finds a worm. On Saturday, Scott and Mason weeded our gardens and Mason soon had a whole family of worms. He showed me the little boy worm, the mommy Rachel worm, the daddy worm, there were even Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Val worms. It made me remember 2 years ago, in these same gardens when Mason was playing in the dirt while I weeded and I looked over to find him holding a huge worm in his little hand so tight the worm looked like it was about to explode. Right then he started moving the worm toward his open mouth. I screamed so loud he froze and I ran over and began shaking his arm trying to get him to drop the worm so I didn't have to touch it. YUCK! At least he knows not to eat them now.