Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wrong Order

Today I came out from feeding Brynn and noticed something wasn't quite right with Mason's clothes. I asked him if he had gone potty all by himself, assuming it had just been a routine bathroom run. He hung his head as he confessed, "yeah, I got some poop on my underwear. But it's okay, I put the poop in the toilet and washed my underwear and got clean Lightning McQueen underwear on, see". He lifted his shirt to reveal a pair of clean underwear around his waist with both of his legs through one hole. The little stinker had pooped in his underwear and had tried to destroy all the evidence so he wouldn't get in trouble, and had it not been for some backward pants and a pair of soaking wet underwear on the laundry room floor, he might have gotten away with it.
When I pointed out that his pants were on backward and his underwear was around his waist Mason laughed and said, "I put them in the wrong order." We laughed together as we fixed the pants and then went straight to the bathroom to wash his hands. I love this little boy, he can make me smile even when he poops his pants.