Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Problem

I have a serious problem taking pictures and videos. You see, I like to live in the moment. When we are out doing something fun or my kids are being especially cute the last thing I'm thinking is, "go get the camera". I just want to enjoy what's happening instead of trying to capture it. I have been trying to take more pictures, but the forced effort makes most our pictures feel staged and unnatural. I am worse with videos. Brynn has been crawling for 5 months and walking for nearly a month and I have yet to get a good video documenting either of these milestones. I've tried a couple times, but as soon as the camera comes out the kids are right in my face, climbing all over me trying to get the camera. It doesn't make for the best footage. Today, Mason was playing with his Toy Story toys and without any prompting he went and got these little buzz and woody figures we have so Brynn could play with him. It was so fun to watch them play together. They were both so happy and Brynn was walking, jabbering, and laughing like crazy. I thought this was my chance to get a good video and ran to get the camera. Once again, as soon as the camera was out Brynn stopped playing and got whiney. This was the best clip I got of her walking, so I guess it will have to do for now. Brynn has hit the point where she is not just capable of walking, but actually prefers it over crawling. She walks the majority of the time. If she falls, she doesn't just crawl the rest of the way, she picks herself up and finishes walking. I have only posted two videos on my blog prior to this and one of those was Mason walking. I went back and watched this video and it made me smile and laugh remembering my crazy 11-month-old boy. Once again I think these videos do a good job displaying the drastic difference in Brynn and Mason's personalities at this age. Mason was a crazy and wild little boy and Brynn is much more careful, deliberate, and of course emotional :)There you have it. That's one milestone I have documented.