Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Here It Comes

The temperatures have dropped and we had our first snow. I guess there is no more pretending winter is never coming. So far the kids seem to like what winter has to offer. When Mason woke up and saw the snow last week I couldn't get him to wait long enough to change out of his jammas before he had his boots on and was headed out the door. Brynn was right behind him in her make-shift winter gear, since part of my denial included not buying her a coat or boots yet. She lasted surprisingly long considering she refused to wear gloves. Even when her hands were bright red and freezing she still wasn't ready to call it quits so she ran in the house and returned with her blanky to hold and keep her hands warm. Pretty good problem solving for a 16-month-old if you ask me.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but after the great summer and fall we've had I'm excited for the fun times winter is bound to bring.