Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Three years ago, this month, we moved into our house. We have a big Maple tree in our front yard and one of my first memories in our house was raking the massive amounts of leaves that covered our yard. After 3 years of living in a basement apartment we were so excited to actually have a yard we didn't mind the seemingly endless job of raking these leaves (now we sometimes do mind). Mason was 6 months old and we would sit him on a blanket while we raked, only to look over and find he had crawled to the nearest pile and was helping himself to a delicious snack of leaves. Every year when the leaves turn yellow and start to fall I love to think back to what our life was like at this exact time the previous year. This is what I thought about:
2007:
Mason was still a baby, if you can call a 20 pound 6-month-old a baby, I was in my last semester of the nursing program, Scott had decided to stay at Nu Skin after graduation, we had just bought a house and were in the process of completely remodeling it, and we felt so incredibly blessed in life.

2008:
Mason was 18 months old and the most adorable boy ever! I had just found out I was pregnant with Brynn and was starting to feel pretty sick. Scott was busy being Scott (by that I mean an awesome husband, father, and provider for our family).

2009:
Mason was 2 1/2 and Brynn was 4 months old. We were still adjusting to life with 2 children and Scott was madly studying for the GMAT and applying to Business Schools (for the record he did awesome on the GMAT, was accepted to schools, but then we decided this wasn't the right thing for us right now). We were completely robbed of a fall, it went straight from summer to rainy, cold, lousy winter. When I think back on last year I remember it being a very busy and stressful time, but I still remember being so grateful for all the blessings that were keeping us busy.

2010:
And that brings us to present day. Even when looking back at how happy I was and how wonderful life was in past years nothing even comes close to the joy I feel right now in my life. I am blessed with 2 perfect (for me) and wonderful kiddos. I am married to my best friend. Scott and I both have jobs we enjoy and that provide security and stability for us at this very unstable time in the world. And this is the first year the kids were actually a little bit helpful raking the leaves :)