Thursday, December 31, 2015

Utah Summer: Friends

Not only do we come back to Utah to spend time with family, but we always try to schedule time with some of the many wonderful friends we left behind. I was able to meet up with some of my high school and lifelong besties Stacie, Gina, and Hilary. We sat in the shade and visited while our kiddos ran around and played together. Another evening I was able to enjoy a walk up the canyon with Tiffany while we caught up after far too many years of being out of touch. I was also lucky enough to have our trip coincide with a little reunion for my BYU Nursing Class. There is a special bond you forge with the people you endure the Nursing program with. It was fun to see the different directions the nursing profession has taken everyone.




BYU Nursing Class of 2007
One of the best parts of staying at my parents' house is being back in their neighborhood. Of all the places we have ever lived, it is the place that feels most like home.  I guess having grown up there it is kind of like my own Cheers "Where everybody knows your name." I love how not only do I have friends there, but my kids have a whole group of friends that they always seem to pick up with right where they left off. One day the kids were playing with they Glahns and they planned and set up a "comic and lemonade" stand all on their own. (Marie and I didn't even know about it until we walked past it.) A free original comic with each cup of lemonade and half the money goes to Primary Chidlren's Hospital.