Thursday, December 31, 2015

Utah Summer


Ready to hit the road.
Mid July we packed up the car and headed off to enjoy two weeks of a Utah Summer. About 15 minutes into the 14+ hour drive Miles declared, "I think I see Grandma's house!".  Despite Miles' lack of a sense of time, our kids are all great travelers and we have a good system which made for a smooth and even enjoyable trip.
When I was a little girl, anytime we found ourselves on a road trip drive through Arizona my dad would start singing the Arizona State song as we crossed the state line. It was never received well, but that didn't stop him from belting it out at the top of his lungs. To keep up the family tradition I decided to share a rivoting performance of the Utah State song complete with actions from my 5th grade patriotic program as we crossed the Utah state line. I think Scott and the kids were equal parts entertained and horrified.
Scott drove us out and spent the first weekend with us before flying back to Omaha to work for a week while we stayed and played. He flew back Friday night and joined us for our second week of fun before we all packed up and headed home. We filled every moment of our time with family and friends and doing all the Utah things we love and miss. There is way too much to share in just one post, so I will be breaking our trip up into several posts.